* * * * * *
The United War Veterans Council invites all Vietnam Veterans to join us for our fourth annual Vietnam Veterans Recognition Day commemoration. The event will be hosted in the lobby promenade of 55 Water Street, adjacent to the New York City Vietnam Veterans Plaza in Downtown Manhattan.
10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon | HONORING THE FALLEN
Reading of Names of the Fallen & musical tribute
- 1,741 New Yorkers lost in Vietnam and the 91 New Yorkers who have made the ultimate sacrifice since 9/11/2001.
- POW/MIA Table Ceremony
- Recognition of Gold Star Family members
- Wreath laying ceremony
- Rifle Salute – 6th Communication Battalion, USMC
- 319th Statue of Liberty, U.S. Army Band
12:00 Noon | LUNCH & REUNION CENTER
Sign in to locate fellow attendees from your service branch, unit or similar dates/locations of service.
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM | THANK YOU FOR SERVING & “WELCOME HOME”
Speakers & performances
- Lieutenant General (Retired) Claude Kicklighter, Director, Department of Defense Commemorations, presentation of the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Flag to all Commemorative Partners.
- John Rowan, National President Vietnam Veterans of America
- Proclamations- (all attendees will receive a copy)
- Presidential Proclamation
- Governor of New York
- Mayor, City of New York
- Patriotic Musical Tribute by United We Sing
- “Thanks for the Memories” by vocalist Michelle Dellafave, who toured with Bob Hope & the USO in Vietnam
- “We Thank You” from veterans of Iraq & Afghanistan
- “A Pledge to Remember” from the youth of America
Due to damage to the building at 55 Water Street, our customary special parking arrangement will most likely not be available in time for this event. We recommend the following nearby option:
John Street Parking
63 Wall St, New York, NY